Follow project 1p on facebook
The Challenge UPDATED
My name is Luke. I used to have a 1p coin. On January 1st 2011, I challenged myself to turn my 1p coin into something of greater value. After 6 months I traded my way up to a wedding photography package. During the next 6 months I will continue to trade up until I own an Island on which I can create my very own country.
- The project will begin at 12:01 am, 1st January, 2011.
- The project will end at 12:01 am, 1st January, 2012.
- No further capital shall be invested into the project by myself, apart from the initial start up cost of 1p.
- The value of the initial 1p can be increased by any and all means possible.
- Donations will not be accepted.
I’m not really sure there is a point. I suppose I’m just curious about the possibilities. My Dad has given me a lot of advice throughout my life, but the most memorable (and repeated) nugget of wisdom has been :-
“Look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.”
I have to admit, I haven’t always looked after my pennies. I’ve hoovered up and thrown away more than my fair share. I always understood what my dad meant when he recited this proverb, but the real reason I like it is because it suggests that even one insignificant penny has the potential to become part of something greater. That’s exactly what I want for my one penny.